Finger Cymbals and Figuring Out
What is it about putting little instruments on your fingers and moving your hips all around that makes you feel sexy? The percussion has a lot to do with it, but I think it might be primal. The whole, back-to-your-nature, intended purpose thing. All I know is that something alters just enough inside of you when belly dancing that it shifts your whole thought patterns. Not that I need to think about sex any more than I do, but this is oddly different. It's not sex per se, it's seduction. It is simply an experience that makes one tingle.
Now, onto a bit of potential insight from a collective group of friends that debated and argued long into the night and morning. What are the 'boundaries' (for lack of better word) amongst single people? Keep in mind...one must always be following Christ with a vengence and walking in discernment cause there are just no firm rules here. BUT, here was our vote. We came up with the basic concept of this...if there has been no 'dtr' - then any prolonged time alone or personally deep conversations are not in one's best interest. For either party, really. Determining a relationship is something that takes maturity, and is not always necessary...but actions that are a response to that are. Anywho, I tire of the psycho babble and long for yesterday when all of my problems dealt with whether I should ride my bike or make mud pies.
Let's just all get married and then all these universal questions would cease to exist.
Now, onto a bit of potential insight from a collective group of friends that debated and argued long into the night and morning. What are the 'boundaries' (for lack of better word) amongst single people? Keep in mind...one must always be following Christ with a vengence and walking in discernment cause there are just no firm rules here. BUT, here was our vote. We came up with the basic concept of this...if there has been no 'dtr' - then any prolonged time alone or personally deep conversations are not in one's best interest. For either party, really. Determining a relationship is something that takes maturity, and is not always necessary...but actions that are a response to that are. Anywho, I tire of the psycho babble and long for yesterday when all of my problems dealt with whether I should ride my bike or make mud pies.
Let's just all get married and then all these universal questions would cease to exist.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home