karebear

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

flirting and other mysteries of the universe

To flirt or not to flirt. That is the question. Within the realm of the Christian world, is flirting a dangerous pastime? Is it an ungodly behavior? OR, even more thought provoking in my personal opinon, is it a tool to be used wisely? I find myself flirting with any number of people on a given day, but it is with no intent and completely harmless. Winking at the older gentleman ringing up my groceries, making vague innuendos amongst defined friends, doing a double take at the guy in the car next to mine at a red light.....all insignificant, yet still flirting in a simple kind of way. Is this wrong I ask? But, then again, I suppose this leads us into a deeper, philosophical question of motive and intent. Because I know there are people in my life with whom I flirt so as to get a reaction, or to see what would happen if they took me seriously. Right or wrong? Is flirting simply an aspect of the multi-faceted mating dance, or is it a selfish tool used against our brothers in Christ to seek self-serving attention? I'm definately interested in a response.

My second pondering today into the great mysteries of our universe is the word 'gentle'. I used it earlier in reference to a 'gentleman', but what is that really? I associate the word with holding a newborn, or petting a puppy, or (hopefully) my gynocologist. :) But seriously, I want to encounter this action. I want someone to be gentle with me...whatever that means. Define this for me please. And if it crosses your mind...show me...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home