karebear

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

If I could only go back...

Permit me, if you will, to take you back to that time and place called childhood. I just spent the afternoon at a farm, remembering the sheer joy of dangling your legs over the edge of the wagon as you rode back to the seemingly millions of pumpkins and wondering how you would ever choose between them all. Tipping your face up and just closing your eyes as the sun warms everything just enough to make the crispness of the air feel like a gift. It almost made me want to lay down under the apple trees and take a nap...the bee's buzzing lazily, the sound of a thousand kindergarten students giggling and whispering, and the basic smell of a farm. I remember with such clarity the all through your body excitement that came from going to the cider mill as a child. The pumpkins were such a brilliant orange, even if they were bruised and dirty. And my daddy's hand was so big and held me so tight when we were bumping along on the hay ride...if only I could go back...I miss feeling that safe.

Isn't that what every girl is looking for? Those strong arms to keep her safe on the hayride? The joy of every new discovery, and an adventure that keeps you wide-eyed and breathless with excitement? I know that's what I need. I need a man who is more than flowers and opening my door - I need a man who is going to take me on the adventure of a lifetime. Beyond the everyday and into the great unknown. It's adventure I crave, with strong arms to keep me safe, and a good apple slushie to keep it simple. Forget going back...my longing is in moving forward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home