Radio Musings and Understanding Guys
I have had three interesting experiences in the last twenty-four hours. The first, I was robbed at Target. How totally loser suberburbian of me. I wasn't even downtown, but at Target superstore for crying out loud! *sigh* I won't even discuss anymore, because it is just that simple and that annoying.
Secondly, I realized a profound truth about guys. It was extrordinarily liberating, and a rule that is a possibility I shall live by for the rest of my days. It was an episode from a popular show, that has now become an anthem for women everywhere, and they have thus put it into book form, which I now own by the way. The 'truth' is this...if he doesn't call, if he doesn't ask you out then HE'S JUST NOT THAT IN TO YOU. His reasons are irrelavent: being busy, fearful of rejection, not sure what he wants right now, bad timing, cell phone out of range...whatever the case may be, the bottom line remains the same. He's just not that in to you. Wow. This whole concept is an independence day for all of us women who hold on to situations, who spend hours with our girlfriends (and sometimes guyfriends) analyzing what the heck he's doing, or who keep excusing his lack of pursuing with 'his' circumstances. It allows women to just either put that possibility on the back burner or to just shake the dust off of their feet and move on to a guy who IS willling and wanting to be with her. It's interesting to think about things that way. If he doesn't want to spend that much time with you, if there is little effort in meeting your needs, if you're just not on his mind enough or intrigue him enough to want to be with you, THEN HE'S JUST NOT THAT IN TO YOU. The truth is still the truth, regardless if you choose to believe it.
And lastly, I spent about eight minutes this morning on the Wank and O'brien radio show. They were talking about whether or not you think it's cheating if a guy goes to a stripclub, looks at porn, you get the idea. Well, I got super tired of hearing all these women call in and saying how they pay for strippers for their husbands, and how that's just so cool, blah blah blah. It ended up being so stinkin cool though...I got this amazing opportunity to talk about God and His expectations, and how guys choose what to look at with their eyes - IF they respect God and their women enough. I'm sure they made all kinds of fun of me after I hung up, but even the end of the conversation it ended up getting kind of quiet, and they acknowledged that I had a point. Overall, cool opportunity and cool dealio.
Well, to all my friendsies...peace out. One x and three o's to all my brothas.
Secondly, I realized a profound truth about guys. It was extrordinarily liberating, and a rule that is a possibility I shall live by for the rest of my days. It was an episode from a popular show, that has now become an anthem for women everywhere, and they have thus put it into book form, which I now own by the way. The 'truth' is this...if he doesn't call, if he doesn't ask you out then HE'S JUST NOT THAT IN TO YOU. His reasons are irrelavent: being busy, fearful of rejection, not sure what he wants right now, bad timing, cell phone out of range...whatever the case may be, the bottom line remains the same. He's just not that in to you. Wow. This whole concept is an independence day for all of us women who hold on to situations, who spend hours with our girlfriends (and sometimes guyfriends) analyzing what the heck he's doing, or who keep excusing his lack of pursuing with 'his' circumstances. It allows women to just either put that possibility on the back burner or to just shake the dust off of their feet and move on to a guy who IS willling and wanting to be with her. It's interesting to think about things that way. If he doesn't want to spend that much time with you, if there is little effort in meeting your needs, if you're just not on his mind enough or intrigue him enough to want to be with you, THEN HE'S JUST NOT THAT IN TO YOU. The truth is still the truth, regardless if you choose to believe it.
And lastly, I spent about eight minutes this morning on the Wank and O'brien radio show. They were talking about whether or not you think it's cheating if a guy goes to a stripclub, looks at porn, you get the idea. Well, I got super tired of hearing all these women call in and saying how they pay for strippers for their husbands, and how that's just so cool, blah blah blah. It ended up being so stinkin cool though...I got this amazing opportunity to talk about God and His expectations, and how guys choose what to look at with their eyes - IF they respect God and their women enough. I'm sure they made all kinds of fun of me after I hung up, but even the end of the conversation it ended up getting kind of quiet, and they acknowledged that I had a point. Overall, cool opportunity and cool dealio.
Well, to all my friendsies...peace out. One x and three o's to all my brothas.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home