So Complicated...with a sidenote tribute to superman
Have you ever found yourself in a situation of such complication that it actually becomes simple? This has happened to me, yes, it is true. I find myself needing to simplify my life, establish my identity outside of my works, and invest in friendships that make me a better person. Sounds easy, right? Yeah, except I feel a 'dtr' coming on - and those never go the way you anticipate. Never.
Although, I will publish my fave song for the week..."Complicated" by Carolyn Dawn Johnson.
Now, onto my tribute to the infamous 'Superman', who I sincerely hope is now running around the streets of heaven. But, unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea as to his spiritual state of mind. Although, ironically enough, when we have nothing we have a tendency to see Christ so much easier...therefore; I am going to place my bets on this side of heaven opposed to the other. The one and only thing I shall say about Mr. Reeves is this...may we all find such beauty in the realization of our own worthlessness. I admire what he did with his life, in spite of his limitations. I know that I haven't done half of what he did in the nine years he was confined, and that is truly shameful. Although, if I must be truly honest..."the last of the lost arts"...is that I admire his wife even more. What would you do if your spouse became handicapped in such a severe way? I know it's easier for girls for some odd reason, but there's a question for you, annoyingly visual, guys. For better or for worse...in sickness and in health...heavy words my friends, heavy words.
Well, once again my own irritating cold is preventing me from normal activity...so I am off to rest until I must be a 'mom' again. So, to borrow a quote from someone who I wish was my friend (ZB), "Peace, Love and Nyquil..." Adios to all I love.
Although, I will publish my fave song for the week..."Complicated" by Carolyn Dawn Johnson.
Now, onto my tribute to the infamous 'Superman', who I sincerely hope is now running around the streets of heaven. But, unfortunately, I have absolutely no idea as to his spiritual state of mind. Although, ironically enough, when we have nothing we have a tendency to see Christ so much easier...therefore; I am going to place my bets on this side of heaven opposed to the other. The one and only thing I shall say about Mr. Reeves is this...may we all find such beauty in the realization of our own worthlessness. I admire what he did with his life, in spite of his limitations. I know that I haven't done half of what he did in the nine years he was confined, and that is truly shameful. Although, if I must be truly honest..."the last of the lost arts"...is that I admire his wife even more. What would you do if your spouse became handicapped in such a severe way? I know it's easier for girls for some odd reason, but there's a question for you, annoyingly visual, guys. For better or for worse...in sickness and in health...heavy words my friends, heavy words.
Well, once again my own irritating cold is preventing me from normal activity...so I am off to rest until I must be a 'mom' again. So, to borrow a quote from someone who I wish was my friend (ZB), "Peace, Love and Nyquil..." Adios to all I love.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home