karebear

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

A good girlfriend is worth her weight in gold...

Greetings on this early Wednesday morning. *big yawn* I am so very exhausted from a night of very little sleep due to overindulging in raucous girl activities. :) Now, all my fellas out there might be wondering what this mystery of girldom might be, well, those secrets I must never divulge. However, I know I have mentioned this before, that your guy friends are so essential to so many aspects of life...lifting various heavy objects, zipping up your dress, opening those oh so tricky doors and a host of other things that actually are vital - BUT, due to the nature of the beast, you need your girls to sit around with you at 11:30pm acknowledging all your numerous faults and knowing she's gonna stick it out to help you bring it back around again. Not that a guy wouldn't be willing...but short of jumping on the marriage stick, it would lead to all kinds of dependencies - not to mention the fact that I just don't think guys care enough. Ahhhh, the complexities and annoyances of the female mind. *pondering*

I also must confess that I see many strange things on my horizon. Do ya'll remember the 'nothing' from the 'Neverending Story'? Yeah, that's my horizon in a nutshell. Kinda scary, eh? It is also the reason for my first thought. I so find myself wanting to hide behind those I know will try their best to keep me safe, to avoid the 'nothing', and to go on with my pathetic, loser life without acknowleding my own neglect of gargantuan proportions. I SO find myself wanting to allow the true men in my life to just protect me from it all, and just stay lazy and whorish behind thier strong walls. Who knew that in the Christian journey we'd be required to step out and face the one thing we never thought we'd lose? Who knew that what was once gentle is now raging? Who knew that I'd be willing to face death itself to take it on, and to have the audacity to throw it back? Who knew I could be so stupid, yet care so little? Who knew it would matter so much? I suppose we shall see what the next ten days will bring. Yeah, I guess we'll see.

I realize that this entry, and potentially many to come shall be vaguely cryptic (is that repetively redundant?)...but to those who know...hopefully it will allow knowledge for prayer without me being unfair to those I love. Either way, bare with me my little cult, for the tide is changing.

One last thing before I wrap this up for today...I have high anticipation levels for several new films coming out in the next couple of weeks. My silly boys made the mistake of showing me the trailers, and now I'm hooked. Hopelessly so. Perhaps by then I will be able to view the films with them. All I know, is the theater has never looked more promising.

Well, I am off I suppose...the retreat's a'comin! AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! Why do people permit me to warp the young minds of our nation? *shaking my head* Does nothing make sense anymore? Good thing scripture never changes...even if we do.

Peace out and mucho o's to all.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home