karebear

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Voting and great girlfriends

I shall briefly, yet importantly, give my two cents about this election. I truly enjoy living a piece of history. This day shall be written about in text books, and my children will learn about it the same way I learned about Nixon, Carter and Reagan. It is throughly disconcerting however to observe the downhill spiral that now seems standard in today's elections. Legions of lawyers, election-rights activists, and computer scientists now watch with their biased hawkeyes to cause mass hysteria should one voter fart the wrong way and jack up the election. It's a sad, sad day my friends, when men can't lose gracefully and popular vote becomes anything but fair.

Now, onto my girlfriend tribute. I just wanted to say how important women are in the lives of other women. I mean, really, how many guys do you know would put up with all our analytical bullcrap, daily significant self-realizations, the often overwhelming need for midol, and shopping for pleasure opposed to need. Don't get me wrong, when I want to snuggle, go to a bar, lift something heavy or go kissy on someone - it sure ain't my girls. BUT, in regards to the emotional well-being of every woman...we need each other like fish need water. It's just the way we're made. So, props to guys and all the unique things they offer, but hats off to my girls - for being there for me when men never can or want to.

And finally, I want to throw something else out there for the masses to comment on. Yes or no, but is it wrong (aka ungodly) to have a faux boyfriend? In simpler terms, a guy who can meet your basic needs but you would never date. As long as you're on the same page about it - right or wrong? Would that keep everyone from getting into relationships prematurely, or would it keep us from getting into them at all? Just a thought...

Love...and hopefully, peace. xxo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home