karebear

Monday, November 22, 2004

Interesting turn of events

Good morning everyone, on this dreary, yet cozy day. Dreary in that it's rainy and cold, cozy in that I'm watching it from my window, in my hoodie and Uggs. *hugging myself* It's so hard to get motivated on such a day as this. Hard indeed.

I must say, quite a few things happened this weekend. Mostly I was unprepared, but willing to experience. The retreat was interesting. Extrordinarily stressful, but time well spent. I'd kind of forgotten what it's like to teach like that, and also to teach what I did. After teaching the HOT PINK curriculum at camp the last two summers, it was weird taking it up a notch for an older group. It's even wierder to realize how little of it I was actually living. It was an oddly peaceful weekend, with much quiet time before God. Made me recognize a lot of things, and admit to many more. It also challenged me to have God become more a part of my close friendships. I'm starting to see what's missing now...just not entirely sure what that means. Another aspect of this weekend that surprised me a bit, was my conversation with Paul Steiner. (Is that how you spell his last name?) If I was interested before in the possible job opportunity, I'm definately intrigued now. Certainly a crazy turn of events.

The one aspect of the weekend that sucked, was my plans falling through for Thanksgiving. I was supposed to go to KS, but now I'll be here - housesitting instead. I've never been completely alone on Thanksgiving, and I've had no shortage of invitations for others...but I just feel weird invading people who are celebrating with extended family. I don't mind hanging out with friends, but it's strange when it includes their grandma as well. It'll definately be an adventure I suppose. At least I'll get my house clean and my Christmas decorations up. *sigh*

I guess the real thing I have to say today is that I'm no longer really angry at God. We still have a little bit of distance going on, but that's mainly because it's a long process to weed out stuff that's been there for an even longer time. A different leg of the journey, a different movie all together. I still think it'll be interesting to see who I journey with...who'll find it worthy to stick it out with me? I suppose only time will tell.

I shall end with this last inspirational plea...GIVE ME MORE OC!!!!! NOW!!!! I can't wait, I am suffering. I MUST know what happens. Please, someone, anyone...HELP!!!

c u suckas...and plenty of love to all

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home