Lady in the Water
Watched an interesting movie last night. Which is really a ridiculous understatement, but I feel kinda bad saying it was freaking weird. Oh well, said it anyway. It was this piece of metafiction that on one hand was severely profound, but on the other just strange. It explored the concept of "purpose" for one's life, and how we're all interconnected w/in our purposes. Especially those who are called to team ministry, which in my personal opinion we all are - just depends on who lives out their purpose and who chooses to be distracted. You see, when you live out what God has called you to, it usually demands all sorts of things: persecution, faith, no money, no things, no security, death, basically all we've got is Him and each other. Are stories like Abraham, Joseph, Hosea, the disciples, Paul, Stephen, Timothy relevant in today's 2007 society? Are they merely examples of stories we should admire, but not live out? Have our homes made us afraid or lazy? Do we justify how we live our lives by claiming culture? To be perfectly honest, I'm not sure - but I certainly want to know. What makes us think just because we have a family that we're not STILL called to these things? I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but dear God, maybe it's not a manner of developing a new "community", but of simply living out the one's we have according to GOD'S purpose. I would rather a thousand times over to raise my children w/ nothing, but making sure I get them to soccer practice on time. That's crap. If we are to raise warriors, then must we not train them ourselves? And if we are not warriors, then how are we to live by example? The time is not coming, the time is now.
I believe in preparation. I believe this is a season of such. For my community at least. I wonder when all of this smoke blows over, who will be there and who won't? I wonder who will go and who will stay? I CHOOSE NOT TO BE AFRAID, BUT TO LISTEN WITH ALL MY STRENGTH AND RUN AFTER THE ONE WHO LOVES ME. Oh, please God, I earnestly seek you and ask you to call us to what you want, and quickly. Preparation can only go so far before we're just flat wasting time. People need you, send me. I was made to praise you and love you. May my life bring you glory.
Change our hearts O, Lord. Bring us together. Speak and rescue. Search and deliver.
My prayers are with you all today. Let conversations abound and scripture flow between us.
I truly love you with my whole heart.
K
I believe in preparation. I believe this is a season of such. For my community at least. I wonder when all of this smoke blows over, who will be there and who won't? I wonder who will go and who will stay? I CHOOSE NOT TO BE AFRAID, BUT TO LISTEN WITH ALL MY STRENGTH AND RUN AFTER THE ONE WHO LOVES ME. Oh, please God, I earnestly seek you and ask you to call us to what you want, and quickly. Preparation can only go so far before we're just flat wasting time. People need you, send me. I was made to praise you and love you. May my life bring you glory.
Change our hearts O, Lord. Bring us together. Speak and rescue. Search and deliver.
My prayers are with you all today. Let conversations abound and scripture flow between us.
I truly love you with my whole heart.
K

1 Comments:
At 9:30 AM,
Mitch Eiler said…
Good entry, some big words i wish i new in there, however either way i can say i wish sometimes my patient thought out process approach to my ministry was more balanced out with that kind of rush and enthusiasm. Then again i suppose thats why we seem to make a good team for ministry as well huh. Have a great day, I'll send you some pics from the cubs game online later. peace out
Post a Comment
<< Home