Cliche's and Updates
Well, well, well. To all a Happy New Year. It’s kind of the worst, because I wrote a long entry when I was down at my Grandma’s over break – but I went to post and it disappeared. Since then, I have taken a break as a boycott against an inanimate object. Whatever.
So, speaking of new years…it’s interesting to speculate what this one will hold. I always felt the cliché, time flies the older you get, was something you said when you were old because, well, just because. However, and ironically enough, the older I get the more I find that to be completely true. It astounds me when I look at where I was this time last year, and where I am now – two totally different worlds. Both literally and spiritually.
Since this is a blog of clichés, I will sport a couple more. Yes, I am going to voice my resolutions. Here and now. Hmmmmmm. They really aren’t that complex, just mildly personal – but come on, if you can’t be personal with the internet, who can you be personal with? *geez* Basically, all I want to do this year is to be healthy, love God and save the world. No biggie, eh? Seriously, I found over the last month or so that loving God is an every minute deal. It’s choosing my emotions. It’s choosing who I let in enough to influence my mind, heart and choices. It’s choosing to love AND trust (that’s the kicker) God despite my circumstance or understanding. It’s choosing not to waste my time on me, but to invest it in things and people that matter. And finally, it’s choosing to hope. But that’s too personal even for the net.
I guess if I wanted to go the super cheesy route…it would be living out the new Tim McGraw song…”"I went sky diving, I went rocky mountain climbing, I went two point seven seconds on a bull named Fumanchu. And I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter,And I gave forgiveness I'd been denying. An' he said: "Some day, I hope you get the chance, to live like you were dyin'." Minus the whole climbing, bull riding deal. But I definitely want to be a friend others would like to have. And I want to speak words that encourage and don’t hurt. And I want to love fully and deeply. I guess enough said, eh? Well – a quick update would be nice for those of you I’ve been neglecting lately due to mitigating circumstances. I’m looking for a second job (any ideas?), I’ll be homeless until February (I hope that’s all), and I’ll be focusing on relationships and school – but that’s about it for awhile. I’ve never not been completely involved in a church, this should be an intriguing turn of events. I’m just pretty stinkin interested to see what God does with this, with me. What is he preparing me for? All in all, I believe I will simply trust the God who makes mountains, and lightening bugs and tornados. He just said…”let there be”, and it was so. This is cake in comparison. Take heart my brothers and sisters, and know how very much God is in control. You are in my prayers, you are in my thoughts, and I pray I get the privilege to continue in our friendship. Much love and true devotion. Proverbs 3:5-6
So, speaking of new years…it’s interesting to speculate what this one will hold. I always felt the cliché, time flies the older you get, was something you said when you were old because, well, just because. However, and ironically enough, the older I get the more I find that to be completely true. It astounds me when I look at where I was this time last year, and where I am now – two totally different worlds. Both literally and spiritually.
Since this is a blog of clichés, I will sport a couple more. Yes, I am going to voice my resolutions. Here and now. Hmmmmmm. They really aren’t that complex, just mildly personal – but come on, if you can’t be personal with the internet, who can you be personal with? *geez* Basically, all I want to do this year is to be healthy, love God and save the world. No biggie, eh? Seriously, I found over the last month or so that loving God is an every minute deal. It’s choosing my emotions. It’s choosing who I let in enough to influence my mind, heart and choices. It’s choosing to love AND trust (that’s the kicker) God despite my circumstance or understanding. It’s choosing not to waste my time on me, but to invest it in things and people that matter. And finally, it’s choosing to hope. But that’s too personal even for the net.
I guess if I wanted to go the super cheesy route…it would be living out the new Tim McGraw song…”"I went sky diving, I went rocky mountain climbing, I went two point seven seconds on a bull named Fumanchu. And I loved deeper and I spoke sweeter,And I gave forgiveness I'd been denying. An' he said: "Some day, I hope you get the chance, to live like you were dyin'." Minus the whole climbing, bull riding deal. But I definitely want to be a friend others would like to have. And I want to speak words that encourage and don’t hurt. And I want to love fully and deeply. I guess enough said, eh? Well – a quick update would be nice for those of you I’ve been neglecting lately due to mitigating circumstances. I’m looking for a second job (any ideas?), I’ll be homeless until February (I hope that’s all), and I’ll be focusing on relationships and school – but that’s about it for awhile. I’ve never not been completely involved in a church, this should be an intriguing turn of events. I’m just pretty stinkin interested to see what God does with this, with me. What is he preparing me for? All in all, I believe I will simply trust the God who makes mountains, and lightening bugs and tornados. He just said…”let there be”, and it was so. This is cake in comparison. Take heart my brothers and sisters, and know how very much God is in control. You are in my prayers, you are in my thoughts, and I pray I get the privilege to continue in our friendship. Much love and true devotion. Proverbs 3:5-6

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home