karebear

Monday, March 05, 2007

So much

So, I was on my fourth episode of 'Charmed' during a TNT mini-marathon (yes, I'm in my personal hell, new job); anyway, and a line was spoken that actually had some merit. This father asked this man (who was "in love" with his daughter) if he knew what Love was? The guy said yes, so then the father asked if he had ever had his heart broken, the guy said no. The father then said, then you do not know what Love is.

I had to agree.

I went to church yesterday w/ Doug up at Purdue, and I must say - it was worth the drive. It was a rush of fresh air that was powerful, intentional and had me walking away wanting more. I will certainly go back. After all, this is the season for preparation. I also had some really good conversations with Doug about life, love and the pursuit of happiness.

Well, I'm working my way through Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller (my future husband). I had forgotten what a true joy it is read his work. We mostly think alike (form, not content) - so consequently I enjoy the familiarity of my own brain, coupled w/ his mirror-like ability to convey truth. The one thing I've really learned so far is how much I truly do not know. That definately mirrors my life at the moment. Definately.

And speaking of, obedience is a word I've never really thought about. It's all that's been on my mind as of late. Obedience to God is fantastic in theory, and quite contrary in actuality.

Peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home