karebear

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

From the deep...

Lord I'm tired
So tired from walking
And Lord I'm so alone
And Lord the dark
Is creeping in
Creeping up
To swallow me
I think I'll stop
Rest here a while

And didn't You see me cry'n?
And didn't You hear me call Your name?
Wasn't it You I gave my heart to?
I wish You'd remember
Where you sat it down


I'm not sure where I stand today. I'm not entirely sure that I'm standing at all.

This weekend I really discovered who my true friends are. I know who I would call if there was an emergency, and who I would want by my side if tragedy occurred. It makes me viciously crave community. It is an ache deep in my soul, a tear, a wellspring of need.

I have also realized what I will and will not accept in my life. Relationships, friendships, and the fierce stomping on my heart. I was severely wounded and damaged this last weekend, and I'm not even left with questions anymore. I detest being scared. I am having to lean so heavily on my friends, that I am no longer certain I can walk on my own. Perhaps I wasn't meant to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home