Red Lipstick and Matching Heels



First and foremost, my beautiful friend Ann welcomed our newest little friend Kate into the world today. 8lbs 10 oz. 21 inches long. Cute as a damn button. I will get to meet her tomorrow! Enjoy the pictures from her proud papa. :)
On a much different note, what's a girl to do when everything she believes in, or even more accurately, everything she dreams of is right on the edge of coming true? The key word there is the "edge". I have no idea which way these pieces will fall - and when it all comes down to it, who and where I will be. I guess I'll just paint my lips red w/ my hot new lipstick, put on my cute red heels and let the cards fall where they will. All I've got to give is me.
I wonder often what would happen if I really lived the way I dream in my head? Would I really go all of those places, and save all of those people, and allow my life to be transformed into something truly radical for God? Would I actually go to Darfur, the Sudan, Romania, India, to be the eyes and ears of the tragedies there, and a dozen other places around the world. Would I literally have all of my possessions in a back pack and live the way the disciples did? Or hell, the way Jesus did?! Would I look different? Would there be something about me that mattered? What if I REALLY lived a life that God transformed? What if I gave up what I want, to be what he needs?
With those two thoughts at war inside my head, I am going to sign off. Not going to analyze, not going to cry. Just going to be quiet.
Goodnight.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home