karebear

Friday, June 01, 2007

And the wonder of it all...


I'm not exactly sure where to start. So I'll start with this past weekend. Went to AZ to visit mi amigo, Mitchell. I'll perhaps blog the details later, but the bottomline is that I had a great time, ate some great food (too much so), met some great people, had some great conversations, saw some great places, and all with great company. It was a pretty great trip (in case I wasn't being overly subtle). So much so, that I really and truly did not want to come home. Multiple reasons for sure, but mostly it was because I felt I was finally catching a breath out there. I've missed breathing. Mitch and I had multiple challenging conversations which led to a true 'moment', I experienced on the plane ride home.

I don't want to dive in too much, mainly because it's personal - but I'll fill you in as much as I can. End result is that I realized I don't have to 'do' anything for God. Just love him. I need to spend time with him, I need to communicate, I need to treat him and love him based on the vitality of our relationship, and not on my childish whims and just being a basic brat. It did leave me, however, with a desire to surrender this next phase of my life and just let God do his thing.

That has led me to today. Today I have a job interview. My first one in quite a long time. I realized in AZ that at this stage of my life, I am not remotely interested in 'working' at a church right now, but it did help me to realize that I desperately want to be a part of one. However, I am still not in a position in which God is releasing me from my current circumstances. Next March is the perceivable end. Until then, I will remain faithful to what he has called me to this past year and into the next, I will just love him, and I will continue to invest in the people who are important to me.

It is so vital that we see God in everything, regardless of place, regardless of circumstance. With different eyes, perhaps it will all change. Perhaps we will.

All my love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home