The Most Beautiful Place of All...
The last couple of weeks, months really, I feel like I have been completely blinded. I very much hesitate to compare myself to Saul on his way to Damascus, but in some ways - many ways - thats exactly how I feel. I have walked in my own way for so long, that finally God has blinded me to get my attention. Instead of recognizing this for what it was, I have spent much time believing God was ignoring me. I am embarrassed and deeply ashamed by this, but humble and grateful enough to tell my story anyway. I never wanted to tell a story of selfishness, arrogance, apathy and avoidance. I never wanted to be used as a negative example, an illustration of how not to have a relationship with God. Here I stand, however, in all of my humiliation, a testament to God's restorative love.
I had forgotten the wonders of His word, of his actions. How Moses actually parted the Red Sea and walked on DRY ground. How Daniel slept with lions, and how Jonah really lived in the belly of a whale. And Peter actually walked on water w/ Jesus. The utter breathtaking spectacular of the creation he made for us. The hugeness of the Grand Canyon. The ferocity of a strong wind, or the tenderness of a breeze. The complexity of the human body, and the mosaic colors that are a sunset. Mountains or cornfields. Deserts or oceans. Laughter or tears.
I've needed him so much to give me answers and to guide my paths - to move me unto heights unimaginable. And all he needed from me was for me to love him first. He wasn't ignoring me, hadn't forgotten me - he was just waiting. Like the prodigal daughter, or a cheating lover - he has waited for me to just come home.
Home, the most beautiful place of all.
I had forgotten the wonders of His word, of his actions. How Moses actually parted the Red Sea and walked on DRY ground. How Daniel slept with lions, and how Jonah really lived in the belly of a whale. And Peter actually walked on water w/ Jesus. The utter breathtaking spectacular of the creation he made for us. The hugeness of the Grand Canyon. The ferocity of a strong wind, or the tenderness of a breeze. The complexity of the human body, and the mosaic colors that are a sunset. Mountains or cornfields. Deserts or oceans. Laughter or tears.
I've needed him so much to give me answers and to guide my paths - to move me unto heights unimaginable. And all he needed from me was for me to love him first. He wasn't ignoring me, hadn't forgotten me - he was just waiting. Like the prodigal daughter, or a cheating lover - he has waited for me to just come home.
Home, the most beautiful place of all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home