Lord of the Rings...
My first impression of Lord of the Rings was not a favorable one. It seemed like a neverending hike. Walk, fight some ugly demons, walk, fight some more demons, walk, movie over - nothing accomplished. Second verse, same as the first. However, I am now finding a new appreciation for this trilogy (the last I have yet to see), due to it's mirror of my life lately. Who knew?
It’s interesting how one’s spiritual journey – once recognized as such – becomes the identity in which you perceive the world. Lately, my journey has taken such a twisty road, that my first inclination is to get off the trail and make camp. I am tired, I see friends before and behind me – but very few right here. However, (since I am obviously getting into my little metaphorical reality here), I’m afraid I cannot stop. To step aside and set up camp, would be to quit. Camps very rapidly become stopping points for others, who then decide to stay as well, and all of a sudden a brief rest becomes a city. So instead of continuing on in the journey Christ has prepared for us, we become urbanites who vaguely remember walking once upon a time.
My journey has led me to Indiana. What lovely irony. It has also led me to sudden career choices, to stay with friends or walk away, to give up ALL my dreams, and to not only journey – but to journey without sight. To end my cheesy diatribe…and in light of one of my fave (aptly named bands)…”keep on believing….”
51 more days!!!!!!
I continue to be amazed at the handy work of God. As of Sunday evening, I am now no longer homeless! YIPPEEE!!! God’s timing and provisions…outstanding. “The Lord is my shepherd…I shall not want.”
I pray now for wisdom in relationships, choices that reflect God’s love and glory, and opportunities to share his salvation.
Tired, need to camp? Nah.
I love you all deeply, and without reserve. May we greet one another with a holy kiss always.
It’s interesting how one’s spiritual journey – once recognized as such – becomes the identity in which you perceive the world. Lately, my journey has taken such a twisty road, that my first inclination is to get off the trail and make camp. I am tired, I see friends before and behind me – but very few right here. However, (since I am obviously getting into my little metaphorical reality here), I’m afraid I cannot stop. To step aside and set up camp, would be to quit. Camps very rapidly become stopping points for others, who then decide to stay as well, and all of a sudden a brief rest becomes a city. So instead of continuing on in the journey Christ has prepared for us, we become urbanites who vaguely remember walking once upon a time.
My journey has led me to Indiana. What lovely irony. It has also led me to sudden career choices, to stay with friends or walk away, to give up ALL my dreams, and to not only journey – but to journey without sight. To end my cheesy diatribe…and in light of one of my fave (aptly named bands)…”keep on believing….”
51 more days!!!!!!
I continue to be amazed at the handy work of God. As of Sunday evening, I am now no longer homeless! YIPPEEE!!! God’s timing and provisions…outstanding. “The Lord is my shepherd…I shall not want.”
I pray now for wisdom in relationships, choices that reflect God’s love and glory, and opportunities to share his salvation.
Tired, need to camp? Nah.
I love you all deeply, and without reserve. May we greet one another with a holy kiss always.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home