karebear

Friday, February 11, 2005

I am finding that the older I get, the more I see things through different colored lenses. Gone are the rose-colored glasses of my early twenties. It seems I have traded them in for a much more expensive pair of jaded ones tinted with cynicism yet trimmed in hope. I suppose I may never entirely lose my idealism. But since I’m mildly engrossed in my metaphorical optometry imagery…I shall finish it out like a good little trooper. What shifts in your mid to late twenties that makes relationships and life so complicated? I was talking with a friend just last night about when life got so crazy…to the extent that we finally just had to hang up. No answers. Just prayer. Maybe it’s time for me to make a new purchase. Perhaps I just need to close my eyes altogether and simply ‘see’ all things through God’s eyes instead of my own. A viable concept indeed. *lowering my voice* “…the future’s so bright I gotta wear shades…” (And yes, cheesy 80’s song is simply a bonus for today)

42 more days!!!!

Well, my new adventure…interesting at best. It at least has inspired laughter. Your prayers…still appreciated.

So, I have a new job as of today. A one timer, so to speak. I am personally shopping for a friend of mine, but there’s the great part…I’m buying his wife’s card and gift for the big V. Day. J I don’t know whether to laugh or weep. Perhaps I shall laugh so hard I cry. Or maybe I’ll just chuckle. Decisions, decisions.

SO…I REALLY, REALLY want to go to the U2 concert. Bono is my soulmate, and I must be in his presence. Or at least go hang out and experience incredible music. J The question now lies with whom might I share this adventure with? *pondering*

Well, I am off to do other things…meet new people…crave new adventures.

Peace, big hugs and 80’s tunes. My love gift to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home