The interesting twists of friendship...
I had an interesting conversation this morning over coffee…very interesting indeed. I enjoy intellectual stimulation at all hours of the day, but I am definitely in a different state of mind right about now. I was discussing with my man Mitch (yes, governmental pun implied) about the intricacies of friendship. How in certain situations you know that person better than they do – you know which way the conversation will go, you can anticipate their reactions, etc. BUT, other times, they are a complete stranger – one you’re not even sure you want to know. Mitch then made this comment…”its like a mini marriage but with out all the sex!” Hmmmmmm. I’m not entirely sure at what angle I wish to explore that statement…any way I go in it’s dangerous. On the one hand, I have absolutely no interest in having sex with most of my friends – but on the other, kind of a rip off to have all these great opportunities and no outlet.
*disclaimer: I am completely aware that what I am talking about has no moral or ethical basis, and in its participation is inherently sinful. Just an abyss I’m exploring – no more, no less.*
Granted, the majority of my friends are married…so eww! But all the rest, and they are more than you’d think, well…why have all these little ‘mini-marriages’ without some kind of compensation? I mean, really?!? After all the time, effort, disappointments, money, adventures, conversations and disagreements we all invest in each other – shouldn’t we at least get some basic gratification? Is n.c.m.o.ing (it’s an acronym, that if you’re interested you can ask) really all that bad? Wouldn’t ‘kissing friends’ be a natural response to both creation, mutual admiration and basic friendship? Man, I gotta get me some more of this coffee.
44 more days!!!!
FYI: I am embarking on a new adventure. I will not disclose it’s nature – for it is both tremendously personal, horribly humiliating, but totally exciting. Odd, eh? I ask only for your prayers – that the risk will be worth it.
I have also decided to celebrate Lent this year. Although I better decide soon what I’m giving up. Nothing really seems like a sacrifice. I can’t decide if that is a good thing or bad.
Well, I am off to explore other infinite abyss’s this fine day. I would welcome your comments, I would welcome your love…but not your discouraging presence.
My love is back in full force, right along with the birds I hear outside. A new season is approaching my friends…are you ready?
Just kisses. Lots of them. ;)
*disclaimer: I am completely aware that what I am talking about has no moral or ethical basis, and in its participation is inherently sinful. Just an abyss I’m exploring – no more, no less.*
Granted, the majority of my friends are married…so eww! But all the rest, and they are more than you’d think, well…why have all these little ‘mini-marriages’ without some kind of compensation? I mean, really?!? After all the time, effort, disappointments, money, adventures, conversations and disagreements we all invest in each other – shouldn’t we at least get some basic gratification? Is n.c.m.o.ing (it’s an acronym, that if you’re interested you can ask) really all that bad? Wouldn’t ‘kissing friends’ be a natural response to both creation, mutual admiration and basic friendship? Man, I gotta get me some more of this coffee.
44 more days!!!!
FYI: I am embarking on a new adventure. I will not disclose it’s nature – for it is both tremendously personal, horribly humiliating, but totally exciting. Odd, eh? I ask only for your prayers – that the risk will be worth it.
I have also decided to celebrate Lent this year. Although I better decide soon what I’m giving up. Nothing really seems like a sacrifice. I can’t decide if that is a good thing or bad.
Well, I am off to explore other infinite abyss’s this fine day. I would welcome your comments, I would welcome your love…but not your discouraging presence.
My love is back in full force, right along with the birds I hear outside. A new season is approaching my friends…are you ready?
Just kisses. Lots of them. ;)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home