God and Elliptical Machines
Ok. Weird encounter today. Allow me to preface things a bit. I had kind of a hard day, not a bad one necessarily, but a hard day. A little sidenote, I was fairly encouraged by the fact that I've lost 12 lbs so far, (for those of you who follow my health blog you can get the whole scoop), anyway - so I knew that I absolutely had to work out today. I wasn't in the mood. I just wanted to go home, order a pizza, watch Idol and zone out. But thank God I didn't. Here's my story. Plus I can't have pizza anyway.
I went to Ann's to use their Elliptical machine (it's my favorite) and I was just in the worst frame of mind. Encouraged by my weightloss so far, but mentally just not grooving. So I did something I've never done before - I put on Crowder to work out. I'm really bad about listening to hard core crazy stuff to get my adrenaline going when exercising, but today I was prompted elsewhere. The next part is intensely personal, so I'll skip to what I really wanted to share. There I was, running away on this machine, with my eyes closed - having a very intense worship time with God. And the craziest thing happened! For the first time ever, it wasn't like I was talking "up" (if that makes any sense), I was just being held and talking to his face. Stick with me here, but as I was worshipping I was touching God's face, and burying my head in his neck. It was the safest and most beautiful experience I've ever had. There on Ann's Elliptical machine no less. How I managed all that AND still kept my balance is beyond me, but even now it makes me feel warm and soft. Gentle. These last couple of days have really shown me how strong and safe God's arms are, and how often he holds me when I let him.
A dear friend's father passed away last night. As prepared as we think we are, it's never enough. I pray her and her family peace and rest tonight.
Alright, well now that I wrote out my experience from this afternoon, I am needing to go and spend some time in the Word. It's just for me, don't ya know? :)
"I thank my God everytime I think of you..."
k
I went to Ann's to use their Elliptical machine (it's my favorite) and I was just in the worst frame of mind. Encouraged by my weightloss so far, but mentally just not grooving. So I did something I've never done before - I put on Crowder to work out. I'm really bad about listening to hard core crazy stuff to get my adrenaline going when exercising, but today I was prompted elsewhere. The next part is intensely personal, so I'll skip to what I really wanted to share. There I was, running away on this machine, with my eyes closed - having a very intense worship time with God. And the craziest thing happened! For the first time ever, it wasn't like I was talking "up" (if that makes any sense), I was just being held and talking to his face. Stick with me here, but as I was worshipping I was touching God's face, and burying my head in his neck. It was the safest and most beautiful experience I've ever had. There on Ann's Elliptical machine no less. How I managed all that AND still kept my balance is beyond me, but even now it makes me feel warm and soft. Gentle. These last couple of days have really shown me how strong and safe God's arms are, and how often he holds me when I let him.
A dear friend's father passed away last night. As prepared as we think we are, it's never enough. I pray her and her family peace and rest tonight.
Alright, well now that I wrote out my experience from this afternoon, I am needing to go and spend some time in the Word. It's just for me, don't ya know? :)
"I thank my God everytime I think of you..."
k

2 Comments:
At 8:15 PM,
Mitch Eiler said…
Is that a paraphrase of Philemon 1:4? what made prompted you to quote that?
At 3:57 PM,
karebear said…
No, it's from Philippians 1:3-6 (NLT). My prompting was you.
Post a Comment
<< Home