karebear

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Don't know what has gotten into me?

It's kind of bizarre. I'm really not a huge promoter of music or certain artists, but this is one of my new (to me) favorite songs. It's actually from 1999, but who cares. It's "This Years Love" by David Gray (White Ladder). It speaks to more than just my senses, its more like a slow tear running down my heart. It hurts as much as it gives hope. Such is the wonder of David Gray.

Its an interesting thing, this communicating deal. I've had multiple conversations today, all vastly different, with vastly different people. All made me pause and give thought to the sheer enjoyment of just being a part of people's lives. Sometimes communication sucks, and sometimes its beautiful, sometimes its a call to action, and sometimes its just time to laugh. Either way, how crazy is it that we use language to speak into each others lives and cause irrevocable change.

In case you can't tell, I am in a very interesting frame of mind. I'm just pretty happy with everything right now. I feel like I'm in a slow motion frame of a movie, where everything comes into crystal clear focus, and every little detail affects your heightened senses. Its like I can feel every emotion individually, hear each variance in the music and colors explode with intensity. Most people describe my current state as being high :), but I'm honestly not. I just feel like I'm right on the verge of something, and I simply want to capture everything about everything.

On that note, I think I'll just leave my thoughts here as is. I'd rather listen to music, listen to people, and just close my eyes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home