karebear

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Isn't it grand?

Feeling pretty shitty at the moment. I am deeply sensing that everything is changing, yet it is me who needs to step up my game and meet it head on. I have a responsibility and a knowledge that I couldn't ignore even if I wanted to - which I don't. The only lame illustration I can allude it to is maybe feeling like William Wallace as he sat with his men at the campfire before battle, or Leonidas (sp?) when all of his men were sleeping and he was walking around, looking ahead to the war that was soon to be fought. Yes, I am being a bit dramatic - but I feel the way I feel, ya know? For better or for worse...lets go.

On the flip side, I had a really good last few days in AZ w/ my bro, Mitchy. It is probably in my top three as one of the most relaxing/fun/moving weekends of my life. It was hot as seventeen hells, but the company made it pale in comparison. A quick run down...the 4th was so over the top, the 5th was just totally chill (except when I kicked Mitch's ass in a dunking contest), the 6th was lazy too and ended with a thunderstorm, the 7th was great fun at the movies (Licence to Wed is really cute) and 3F that night was truly amazing, the 8th started out at church (always a great experience) and culminated in a super fun afternoon of going to the zoo, IKEA, gambling (hooray for Mr.Cheese!) and Rawhide (a wonder all in itself - it is a 'must see' only). The 9th I had "go-with-Mitch-to-work-day" which actually was really great and kind of flew by. That evening was spent attempting to see "Knocked Up" (please don't waste your time), which we left early and then headed over to 'Drift' - my favorite place to hang and talk. Lots of self-discovery, lots of challenging, lots of breaking and lots of overcoming. Going to AZ is truly becoming a time of recharging/refreshing whatever you want to call it, for me. It lets me catch my breath, take a good aeriel view of my life, and connect with God in a different way. That, and Mitch is there, which is a definite bonus. All in all, it was a tremendous long weekend that ended in a way that formed a new beginning and a new chance.

I am reading the most amazing book. Well, I'm actually reading three of them, but my new one is outstanding! I realize no one else cares about this, but I'm proclaiming it anyway!

Okay, enough. I'm tired and need to catch up on my sleep. Miss you all!

k

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home