karebear

Sunday, April 03, 2005

My Knights in Shining Armor

What a crazy night. So crazy that I cannot sleep. At all. This is two rescues in one weekend. I’m not sure how I feel about that. It sounds all cool in theory, but not so much when you’re the one being rescued. I think I need to talk it out though. I’m still a little shaky.

First of all, who would have ever thought I would have responded in typical female fashion? I despise being emotional in front of people when it’s personal. And this, was definitely personal. I couldn’t get a grip. I was sitting there thinking to myself, get up and get a weapon, or hide, or SOMETHING for crying out loud. Instead? I just cried. I don’t know if I’ve ever been that scared. Even living in Detroit – I’ve always just felt safe, until tonight. I’ve always just felt strong, and in control, and confident in taking care of myself. Indiana is making me a girl.

(For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about...I thought (still think) someone broke into my house when I was in it. )

My second observation thought is that it’s pretty stinking cool to have five guys willing to rush over and play the hero. If I hadn’t been so scared and being a cry baby, I would have appreciated how hott it was too. Instead, I just felt grateful that I had friends like that. That I HAVE friends like that. My big, bad Central heroes. You have my undying devotion. Not only for rescuing me, but for not laughing.

So, here in no particular order, are my knights in shining armor, and all of these men should be duly noted:
Ben: for being the best ‘rescue 911’ operator ever. You did more than you know.
Cj: thanks for not blowing Ben off and for coming to my rescue with a hammer. Yeah, I noticed.
Mitch: thanks for assisting in my stealth phone-call get away, and for still giving the worlds best hugs.
Mickey: for just picking up and leaving your beer behind. That takes a true man.
Zach: for not asking questions and just coming. That’s what true friendship is all about.
And Chuck: thanks for being willing to run right over, even in your gym shorts. You’re the best.

I think maybe my subconscious is starting to play tricks on me. Two rescues in one weekend? Sounds like I need a man…..or a gun.

Well, I’m off to attempt to get some sleep. I pray my dreams will be of my knights and not of my fears. I swear, like most girls, one of my biggest fears is being alone and raped while being robbed or whatever. I’m still not sure I’m okay. I never thought I’d be this girl. One in need of rescuing. Not in any sense of the word.

I guess times are changing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home